Project Example – Privatization
||Privatization of local marketing operations of KNPC (fuel stations and oil blending plant).
||Privatization Committee led by Kuwait Investment Authority with Kuwait Petroleum Company.
||Governmental – Public Sector.
|Assignment Date & Duration
||2002, 15 months
|Main Area of Focus
- Review of old studies and data gathering
- Prepare RFPS and qualification criteria to assign specialized third party consultants
- Select sub-contractors
- Develop privatization strategy that included:
– Pricing strategy (gross margin)
– National labor force
– Number of companies
– Ownership structure of these companies
– Basis of allocation of the fuel stations to these companies
– Regulatory supervision requirements upon privatization
– Valuation of companies
- Held role of lead advisor to the committee for fuel stations and oil blending plant privatization.
- Valued operations
- Set-up an implementable privatization process
- Presented findings to Privatization Committee and Higher Oil Council
||The fuel stations and oil blending plant were subsequently privatized in line with AlShall’s recommendations.